BookExpo and BookCon Haul
I am a bit late on the bandwagon, but I wanted to share some of the books that I got when I attended BookExpo and BookCon. I got to BookExpo and was absolutely overwhelmed with all of the books that were being given out. Though I am proud to say that I was able to obtain the top five books that I really wanted.
- Wildcard by Marie Lu
This was one of my most anticipated reads for the year and I was dying to get my hands on it. On the first day I had seen a short line of people by penguin and asked what they were lined up for and was told it was for Wildcard! This amazed me because I had not seen anywhere that it was going to be dropped. So I hopped in the line, which we were told wasn’t a line because we weren’t supposed to line up until 15 minutes before, but I got it! Then I ended up getting a second copy because I also went to her signing. So, if you are wondering, I am giving away my second copy!
2. Wicked King by Holly Black
I read Cruel Prince back in March and absolutely fell in love with Holly Black. Her storytelling is amazing and I was hoping to get a copy of the second book in the series. There was a lot of speculation if it was actually going to be there or not because there was a saws drop, but no official galley drop had been announced. So, the group I was with and I decided to ask someone about it and he told us a password was dropping at 10 (I don’t think he was supposed to have told us). We waited around until 10 and the second it dropped we ran up and I got the second copy! I was so thrilled!
*** shoutout to Haley for staying with me at Wildcard and Wicked King!
3. What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
I would say that this was one of the most sought out books of this years BookExpo and BookCon. I had attempted to get it at the first drop and signing, but the lines were too long. Then on the last one I decided to swing by and the line wasn’t too long, so I got in. I get close to the front and there is only a very small stack left. I am so worried and then . . . I get the LAST copy! I was so happy I didn’t stand in a line for nothing!
4. Imprison the Sky by A.C. Gaughen
I read this book in March and loved the world that A.C. had created because it reminded me of my favorite childhood show, Avatar the Last Airbender! I was in line for the Wildcard signing when I was looking at instagram stories and noticed that she said you could go to the booth and request a copy, so I had someone hold my spot and I ran to get one. Then I was walking back and ran into A.C.! She is literally the sweetest author ever! I also ended up getting a second copy of this because I went to her signing because there was nothing else going on.
5. Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
I made sure to get in line early for this one because I knew that I really wanted it. I have recently read the first two books and love Kerri’s storytelling! I was about the 20th person in line. I got to the front and she was really nice and it ended up that the first 100 people in line got a signed moonlight carnival ticket as well, which was awesome!
6. City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
7. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
8. Impostors by Scott Westerfeld
9. Check, Please: #HOCKEY by Ngozi Ukazu
10. 9 from the Nine Worlds by Rick Riordon
11. A Shot in the Dark by Lynne Truss
12. Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz
13. Furyborn by Claire Legrand
14. When Elephants Fly by Nancy Fischer
15. The Darkdeep by Ally Condie & Brendan Reichs
16. The Iron Flower by Laurie Forest
17. A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Briggid Kemmerer
18. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
19. The Girl King by Mimi Yu
20. Black Wings Beating by Alex London
21. Seafire by Natalie Parker
22. Rule by Ellen Godlett
23. Sadie by Courtney Summer
24. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
25. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
26. Fawkes by Nadine Brandes
27. Emipire of Sand by Tasha Suri
28. The Darkest Star by Jennifer L Armentrout
29. Not So Normal Norbert by James Patterson
30. Odd & True by Cat Winters
31. Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig
32. Sea Witch Sarah Henning
33. To be Honest by Maggie Martin
34. Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
35. RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
I think that is everything I got! I had such an amazing first time at both conventions and hope to attend again in the future!
P.S. this list includes books I got when trading
You can see my original haul here: https://youtu.be/68lqA3I9erA
From your local bibliophile, until next time!
Go check out my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuiyKEx0JAOSZ9m6wfoGFg
Personal Snap: mikaylakennaugh